** Our Workshops are accreditation by SMC Aesthetic Practice Oversight Committee as Certificate of Competence. * The workshop will only proceed if there are at least 10 participants. Registration Fee $550
Lasers and IPL for Vascular Disorders
To be announced
8.30am - 12.30pm
The course will give an overview of the various vascular conditions and their differential diagnosis to enable participants to make a decision on which conditions can be treated with lasers or light. Participants will also be taught on the choice of lasers for each condition. At the end of the course participants will have a good grasp of laser vessel interaction and can safety use lasers or light to treat some vsacular skin conditions. Sclerotherapy as an alternative treatment modality will also be discussed.
- 0830 - 0855 Registration
- 0855 - 0900 Introduction : Prof CL Goh
- 09:05 - 09:30 Principles of light and laser for removal of vascular disorders. Choice of lasers and light devices. Laser safety. Sclerotherapy as an alternative. Prof CL Goh.
- 0930 - 1000 Overview of the various vascular conditions. Selection and preparation of patients. Pre-procedures counselling and preparation. Post-procedures care. Management of complications: Dr CB Ang
- 1000 - 1015 Tea Break
- 1015 - 1045 Treatment of congenital vascular disorders eg portwine stain, haemangioma etc: Dr J Lim
- 1045 - 1115 Treatment of acquired vascular disorders including rosacea, leg veins, facial telangiectasias etc: Dr L khoo
- 1115 - 1130 Q & A
- 1130 - 1215 Video Demonstration
- 1215 - 1230 Q & A
- MCQ Exam will be arranged separately.
Workshop certificate is accredited by SMC Aesthetic Practice Oversight Committee as Certificate of Competence. Workshop lecturers, titles, date and venue are subject to change